For the last five years, Georgia State University has awarded more bachelor's degrees to African-Americans than any other nonprofit college or university in the country. Serving more than 30,000 students — GSU became the state's largest university in 2015, when it merged with Georgia Perimeter College — the university has also brought up its graduation rate by more than 20 percent since 2003 . So how did GSU get to be a paragon of personalizing education for all students?
Latest News From NPR
- Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Drivers
- Migrants Are Stuck In Mexico With Violence Back Home And 'Zero Tolerance' In The U.S.
- Actor Diego Luna On The 'Awakening' Around Mexico's Presidential Election
- Last Year, A Retired Mexican Schoolteacher Vanished. His Family Still Seeks Answers
- The Bountiful Benefits Of Bringing Back The Beavers